Associação Juvenil de Peniche was founded in 1990 and since then we have organized projects in the social, cultural and international areas.
Associação Juvenil de Peniche was founded in 1990 and since then we have organized projects in the social, cultural and international areas:
Cultural – We develop Cultural weeks, book markets, fashion shows, recycling workshops, theatre workshops, national exchanges.
Social – We develop: holiday’s camps, a free time activity centre for 50 children from 6 to 12 years old. And we have created “SPOT, which is a project for youngsters from 10 to 18 years old.
International – Since 1996 we have developed work in this field like Exchanges, Seminars, Study visits and European Voluntary Service.
The aims of AJP are:
- To support the development of the children and young people through the promotion of artistic sensibility for the areas of musical, dramatic and social expression.
- To convince the children and youth about the acquisition of socials competences and healthy habits.
- To promote the social integration through the implementation of preventative work and to influence attitude in relation to social exclusion.
We have regular projects for children and youngsters everyday:
Free activities center – 50 children from 6 to 12 years old.
Out door – a project for youngsters from 13 to 16 years old.
On both projects we have developed activities connected with sports, education, environment, plastic arts and social skills.
Those activities are developed in the building that belongs to the city hall.
We are part of some local organisms such as:
- ADEPE – Organisation for the development of Peniche, in which we are members of the direction;
- CPCJ – Comission for the protection of the children of Peniche, with some social situations being taken care of by us.
- Social Networking – We are also members of the direction of this organism, which is responsible for all the social projects and structures in the city of Peniche.
For our activities we are supported by the city hall, Sport and Youth Portuguese Institute and local enterprises.
We would like to find partners that are working in the same fields has we.
Since 2002 that we have been working in the international field through youth exchanges, european voluntary service, trainings, seminars. We have a huge experience at local level in working with local partners and with youth and childrens.
Non-governmental organization/ non-profit