"Center for Life" is an NGO based in Athens, Greece, for the support of people living with HIV/AIDS since 1991.
Centre for Life (CFL) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization in order to support people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA).
It was founded in 1991 by a small group of volunteers.
CFL is a unique organisation in Greece offering a wide range of free of charge services to PLWHA.
CFL’s services are provided by specialised professionals as well as a dynamic group of more than 80 trained volunteers.
Services & Activities:
- Psychological counseling and psychotherapy.
- Social support and program of emergency financial aid.
- Legal service to PLWHA’s human rights.
- Lobbying in support of PLWHA’ s social rights.
- Drop-In Centre.
- Home and Hospital visits (Buddy system).
- Awareness and Fundraising events.
- Prevention Program.
- Web site updates and social media.
- Info Centre, computer skills training.
- HIV- Positive Detainees Support Program (Koridallos prison).
- Participation in European Programs and Networks.
- "Positives in Life" programme for HIV+ women.
We are looking for an NGO working on the field of HIV/AIDS, with experience on good practices on informative activities on youth (schools and Universities, local communities).
CFL has a great experience on the field of informative activities of the general population. This is due to the long time experience with psychological and social work supportive programs of people living with HIV/AIDS, combined with highly trained voluneers.
Non-governmental organization/ non-profit