The ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN ASSOCIATIONS OF HERAKLION AND HERAKLION PREFECT, is an NGO, established in the year 2000, that belongs to the Voluntary Non Governmental Organizations, and is situated in the city of Heraklion, Crete. The organisation is active in the field of women’s and children rights; as well as promoting culture and civilization.
The ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN ASSOCIATIONS OF HERAKLION AND HERAKLION PREFECT, is an NGO, established in the year 2000, that belongs to the
Voluntary Non Governmental Organisations.
It is an organisation for women’s and children rights; also it promotes culture and
The association is active in the following fields:
1. the provision of shelter assistance and social service to violated and abused
women and children
2. actions of dissemination awareness raising and education for abused women either at private/domestic level or at social level (work etc).
3. Scientific provision of service (psychological support, legal advice, reintegration of
abused women to the labour market etc).
4. support, counseling and coaching to abused women so as to return to normal everyday life activities
5. SOS hotline for reporting domestic violence incidents and support (operates on a daily basis)
6. provision of counceling and social services to women and children in danger
7. promotion of foster families programmes; awareness raising of the public,
training of executives.
The UNION OF WOMEN MEMBERS ASSOCIATION OF HERAKLION PREFECTURE seeks to cooperate with a partner from the donor countries Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein.
As far as the type of partner is concerned, our organisation is looking forward to partnerships with NGO's, local and regional authorities of the donor countries, governmental bodies, universities, research institutions and think tanks.
Non-governmental organization/ non-profit