The association was founded in 2006. It has the legal status of a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization. The aims of PELION OROS are developmental, cultural, educational, environmental and athletic. These aims are achieved through the means described in the articles of association of the organization. For these reasons, there is a diverse collaboration with people of different backgrounds, depending on the subject to be materialized. It has been certified by the Hellenic Organization for Standardization (ELOT EN 1429:2008)
• Establishment and operation of Olive and Olive Oil Museum of Pelion. This was funded by LEADER +. Opening: March 2008. Number of visitors: 18.800 persons.
• “Registration of Special Social Groups of Magnesia”. “Guide for ways of incorporation in the marketplace for Special Social Groups”. “Manual for the role of the employment advisor”.
• “Consulting Manual for psychic patients.” Arrangement of a conference about “Consulting- Employment and psychic health” and in charge of a minute book.
• Study for “Consulting Gypsy women”.
• “Development in the planning and management of the company’s production”.
• Cultural seminar for Milies Municipality.
• Online e- commerce and database for the Museum.
• Digital restoration services: Study about recording of the institutions disabled person in Greece and ways for their funding, proposals for programming and ways of approaching them.
•Participation in the risk analysis of companies, clients of PROMATHEIA Ltd.
• Conducted studies for submitting proposals for the project: Structural Adjustment of employees and businesses amid the economic crisis, of the Business Program “Human Resources Development” for Haraxos Ltd.
• Conducted studies in the project for Structural Adjustment for Haraxos-Ltd.
• Organization of eleven art exhibitions, twelve music recitals, seventeen shadow theatre performances, two reading and three poetry performances , three seminars and two theatre performances.
• Publication of six diaries (calendars) (years 2009–2014) and a book for Karagiozis by Yannis Voultidis.
• Production and organization of museum-based educational programs for students in all academic years. The programs aim to bring schools and students into close contact with Greek agricultural - traditional culture and include preparatory material for teachers and a story or game for children. Over 6.000 students and 400 educators have participated to date.
• Participation in the following European Social Fund actions:
1. “Green Economy” - in the context of Local Actions for Vulnerable Groups Social Integration (ΤΟΠΕΚΟ) - Ministry of Labor and Employment. Partnership consisting of 10 Participants, including 3 Municipalities of the district. Body in charge: AITCG (ASSOCIATION OF INDUSTRIES IN THESSALY AND IN CENTRAL GREECE). (http://www.green-ekonomy.gr/)
2. “Sympoliteia Apasxolisis” – in the context of Local Action Plans for Employment (ΤΟΠΣΑ) about employment for unemployed citizens, Thessaly administrative District. Partnership consisting of 14 Participants, including 4 Municipalities of the district. Body in charge: Pelion Oros. (http://sympoliteia-apasxolisis.gr/)
3. “Akastos” - in the context of Local Action Plans for Employment (ΤΟΠΣΑ) about employment for unemployed citizens, Thessaly administrative District. Partnership consisting of 5 Participants, including Holy Metropolis οf Demetrias. Body in charge: POFEKO. (http://www.akastos.gr/)
As a partner organisation we would like to have the same mentality as Pelion Oros. Working hard together to ensure the opportunities that are available for our members. The expertise sought and the allocations provide funding for a variety of projects and activities within performing arts, visual arts, music, literature, archives, museums,religion, culture in general etc
With same values and principles as Pelion Oros, the competence object would like to be in environment and sustainable development, culture, regional and local development, education and anti-racism and anti-discrimination.
Non-governmental organization/ non-profit