THE ASSOCIATION OF WORKERS OF TEXTILES, CONFECTIONS AND LEATHER, also known as ALIT, is a non-profit organization which has been built on the basis of free will and the will of association of the shareholders.
The main principle which underlies ALIT’s organization, as well as its running, is represented by the promotion of independence regarding its relationships with other political organizations, trade unions, and other administrative and economic bodies. In this sense, ALIT was created in 2005 with the aim of improving people’s working and, also, life conditions by promoting the concept of decent work, as well as stimulating inclusion in the labor market. Hence, ALIT provides information and advice on the right to work and the and the concept of equal opportunities to employees, employers, those who are looking for a job, persons with disabilities, youngsters, as well as to the people who face the risk of social exclusion. Also, ALIT advocates home work as an alternative of inclusion into the labor market during the economic crisis through the creation of social enterprises and sheltered workshops. Moreover, ALIT has involved in many activities which aim to reduce domestic violence and human trafficking.
The prospective partners must work in the same area of the priority areas in the European Union, non-governmental organizations, associations, foundations, trade unions. The ALIT Association seeks to develop a solid and lasting partnership in order to develop collaborative projects through the participation in conferences, seminars, and workshops. The association also expects the creation and development of bilateral relations between partners, exchange of experience, transfer of knowledge and best practices. We want a good cooperation by improving mutual knowledge and understanding.
The competence offered:
- Develop and implement specific strategies and services for the employees;
- Supply different social services to employees and their families;
- Provide advice to the employees regarding their rights;
- Counsel the persons working without the work permit;
- Offer counselling to people seeking for work;
- Advice and support vulnerable groups in order to facilitate social inclusion in the labor market;
- Promote women in social life and their involvement in leadership positions;
- Identify home workers;
- Run ‘exchange of experience’ programs;
- Organize or take part in environmental actions.
Non-governmental organization/ non-profit