Foundation of Social Help in Brzeszcze was founded in May 15th 1990. The main goals of the Foundation are: delivering care and welfare for children endangered with social exclusion, helping talented children and teenagers coming from poor families and counteracting unemployment in the Brzeszcze community. The founders were the Hard Coal Mine “Brzeszcze” in Brzeszcze, the NSZZ “Solidarność” KWK “Brzeszcze” and the Civic Committee in Brzeszcze.
The mission of the Foundation is to come to the persons in need with assistance.
The goal of the Foundation is to support for people endangered with social exclusion and discrimination aiming at strengthen their participation in social and vocational life, especially the following groups:
- children and teenagers endangered with social exclusion and discrimination (coming from neglected environments);
- children and teenagers falling out from the school system;
- pathologies of the family life victims;
- persons living in difficult housing conditions;
- disabled persons needing care;
- elderly persons;
- low-skilled persons;
- unemployed persons;
- single parents.
The Foundation realizes its goals through, among others:
- leading day-care units for children and teenagers;
- delivering psychological and pedagogical support for children and teenagers endangered with social exclusion and discrimination;
- delivering psychological and legal advisory for disabled persons;
- charity activities – gathering funds; financial and material support;
- voluntary activities leading
- rehabilitation equipment rental
- rehabilitation activities and therapy for disabled children
- educational activities for children, adults, disabled persons
- advisory, training and support for unemployed persons, also those with disabilities.
We search for a partner experienced in supporting young people endangered with social exclusion and discrimination and their families.
We would like the partner would play a role of a mentor in activating the day-care unit, delivering training for the staff and mentoring for the staff, sharing methods and good practices.
We need to train at least 4 persons (with proper educational background - psychologists, therapists etc.) in innovative (for us) methods of working with children and teenagers endangered with social exclusion and discrimination â€“ and their families.
We need to work out and implement a programme of social work in the local community, involving young people and their families â€“ in cooperation with public assistance institutions, schools, job centres etc.
- Over 15 years of experience in leading 2 day-care units for children and teenagers;
- 24 years of work for the benefit of the local community
Non-governmental organization/ non-profit