The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia (CCIS) provides essential services for enterprises operating in Slovenia, and it is the ideal local partner for foreign investors. The CCIS can provide the support of more than 100 experts and specialists in a broad range of sectors in Slovenia, from commerce and industry to tourism and services.
Aims and objectives
The aim of the project is to provide solutions to the challenges of balancing the work and private life among small family business owners in Slovenia. It will improve the social dialogue covering the topic and provide proposals for legislator changes. The project will focus mainly on family owners of small and medium sized businesses.
Specific objections of the project are:
1. to identify key issues and challenges facing family businesses,
2. Implement solutions in SME’s that will allow improved balance between work and life for both genders
3. Formal establishment of flexible working hours in such companies
4. Implement work organisation solutions to improve their work – life balance.
The project consortium will be comprised of six partners.
- Slovenian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GZS – www. http://eng.gzs.si/slo/ ) is the leading voluntary organisation representing Slovenian companies. It is an official member of the social dialogue in Slovenia.
- Slovenian labour union of workers is representing employees and business owners in small family companies.
- Posoški razvojni center Tolmin (www.prc-si ) is a regional organization in north-western Slovenia with access to a large number of small family businesses. As such it represents an ideal partner for local testing of proposed implementation of solutions to improve their work – life balance.
- Bogatin d.o.o. (www.bogatin.si) is a research company with experience in researching work-life balance in Slovenian companies in the framework of EU-financed projects. As a small family company it faces issues targeted by the project as well.
- Norwegian partner
• Knowledge transfer from Norway
• Detailed research of the legal environment of the issues affecting the quality of life for small family business owners and employees
• Survey among family businesses on the issues affecting work-life balance
• Preparation of legal changes to the collective agreement (and other legislation changes) to allow for improved working conditions in the field of work-life balance
• Development of programmes and services to help small family business owners and employees to improve their quality of life.
• Preparation of the ethics codex regarding the equality of both genders in work-life balance issues in family SME’s
• Information campaign to promote the codex among them.
• Pilot projects in the region of north-west Slovenia.
• Organisation of an SME conference with the presentation of project results
These activities will aim to reach 300 active members of the CCI.
Supported projects will last from mid-2014 till April 2016. Budget of up to 80.000 EUR is still available for a Norwegian partner to cover for staff costs, travel expenses, overheads and research. 95 % of all costs would be covered by the grant but 5 % own contribution is required. The budget would support the research and identification of good practices in Norway, a proposal on their implementation and additional knowledge transfer to Slovenia and up to three visits of designated project personnel among the two countries – up to two trips of Norwegian partners to events in Slovenia and a field trip of Slovenian partners to Norway.
Non-governmental organization/ non-profit