The Young Initiative Association is a Romanian educational non-profit organization that offers children and young people educational tools for their personal and professional development.
The Young Initiative Association is a Romanian educational non-governmental, non-profit organization that organizes and promotes projects in the fields of youth and education. We were founded at the end of 2009 and we strive to provide young people with development opportunities for a society that is becoming more and more competitive on a global scale.
Our main programmes include:
1. "Bridges to knowledge" and Click&Know - Educational workshops for abused, abandoned and neglected children. Our volunteers are organizing weekly activities for the beneficiaries, focusing on literacy and digital literacy, reading, socio-cultural animation, educational support.
2. BiblioLounge - a space from a youth library which is now acting like a public youth lounge, where young people can spend their time in a creative way, enjoy free WiFi, learn, work with colleagues or friends, play board games, read on the sofas. The space is also offered for free to NGO`s wanting to organize free educational events (trainings, workshops).
3. Blogunteer.ro - a national volunteering website that is showcasing stories of volunteers and volunteering organizations throughout the country in order to promote and encourage volunteering.
4. Knowledge Builders - an 8-month European Voluntary Service project, through which we are hosting 6 European volunteers who are actively contributing to our projects and are also organizing their own activities.
5. HR Twinning - a best practices exchange platform for human resources and leadership in European nonprofit organizations (www.hrtwinning.eu)
Non-governmental organization/ non-profit