Established in 1952, the C.A.R.P. "Omenia" Association is an association of private, charitable, non-governmental, apolitical organization that provides mutual help and social protection to more than 33,500 members and their rights to a decent and civilized life.
Association members are usually elderly people living in Bucharest (approximately 21,000) and surrounding areas, 11 more cities and over 25 municipalities. It is the only organization certified by the Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Protection and Elderly as social services provider, with over 10 years experience in the field through the development of programs, whether permanent or occasional, to elderly people with small and very small income, movable or homebound, regarding the improvement of their quality of life and increasing the capacity of self sustaining. For example: the "Various medical services" program, "Providing free mobility aids", program of leisure etc. In parallel, the Association carries out co-financed projects in partnership with the United Way Romania Foundation and the Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Protection and Elderly through the "Center of care services and elderly care at home", also other social projects carried out in partnership with the 5th District Branch of the Red Cross, White-Yellow Cross Foundation, the National Consumer Protection Agency Promotion Programs and Strategies from Romania.
The Association activity is based on a development strategy with the following objectives:
- The development of integrated services for the elderly in need in order to improve their quality of life;
- Expanding the organizational capacity of the Association by increasing the quality of services provided to beneficiaries;
- The development of infrastructure through the rehabilitation and modernization of existing facilities;
The relationships development between our Association and other organizations to establish new partnerships.
In this direction, the organization aims to develop and modernize the range of primary socio-medical services and regular health status monitoring of the elderly through free access to our services, for members of the Association, residing in localities near Bucharest. The main activities will be:
- conducting information campaigns at a national level (sessions, conferences) on the map of social needs of the elderly, the needs and impact of the Associations initiatives in the communities;
- organization of medical caravans to measure and monitor physiological parameters (blood glucose determinations, determinations of cholesterol / triglycerides, blood pressure measurement, ECG remote monitoring system health, audiometric tests, consultations and / or recommendations for tests, advice on various natural methods, alternative diets);
- opening a specialized room for rehabilitation, physiotherapy, physiotherapy to relieve affections spine, orthopedic, rheumatologic and neurological diseases.
Non-governmental organization/ non-profit